Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What's Inside My Travel Makeup Bag?

Good Morning!  I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post - Sorry!

I was travelling for work last week and am now back in NYC.  The cooler and less humid weather is so enjoyable.

I am sharing my travel makeup for this post.  As I mentioned previously in my first foundation swatches post (here), I have makeup stashes in LA and NYC.  This means that my travel makeup doesn't have to be all inclusive and I can keep it minimal (that is my goal at least!).  A lot of these contents are pulled from my latest Giorgio Armani and Le Metier de Beaute haul (post here).

To house my travel makeup, I use the Trish McEvoy Large Makeup Planner.  I became a Trish convert back in 2008 when a dear friend of mine took me to the Nordstrom Trish counter for some wedding makeup.  That is when I purchased this large makeup planner too!  Since then, I have acquired a few of the smaller makeup planners, but I still go back to the large size most often. 

Here is a picture of the planner all zipped up.  It fits in my luggage (check in or carry on) very nicely.

Approximate size is 8.5" x 6"
And here are pictures of the right-side contents in the planner.  Brushes on the right side.  A middle zip mesh pocket for lippies, MUFE Aqua Brows, and my Shu eyelash curler.
 
 
And now the left side.  Foundations, concealers, bronzer, blush, eyeshadows in the clear zip case.  Eye pencils and mascara in the tubular black zip case.
 
 
Now, I will outline the contents that I use for my polished work makeup.  Nothing extreme here, just trying to have a nice complexion, defined eyes, and a natural (yet sexy!) lip.
 
Starting with the face products:
 
 
From left to right:
1) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua: B50 (Beige 50)
2) Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup SPF 15, Color: 7 (Am still playing with this... review pending!)
3) Benefit Sun Beam highlighter, sample size
4) Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation O40, sample size
5) Too Face Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder, travel size
6) MUFE HD Primer #1 (Green color), small amount put in travel jar
7) Benefit Bella Bamba blush, sample size
8) Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Dark Circle Concealer, Color: 2.5
9) Clarins Stick Concealer: 03
 
With my face makeup here I basically have three foundations to select from.  Chanel is my tried and true product and I am still testing the GA Maestro and the Shiseido foundations.  I love having the small bronzer, blush, and highlighter so they don't take up too much room.  Same goes for the primer.  I use so little that there is no sense in taking the whole bottle!  And finally, the concealers are for my undereye (Giorgio Armani) and blemishes (Clarins).
 
Now onto the Eyes and Brows....
 
 

From top left to right:

1) Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow, Color: 28
2) Le Metier de Beaute Eye Brightening and Setting Powder, Colore: Revive
3) Le Metier de Beaute True Colour Eye Shadow, Color: Corinthian

4) Urban Decay Primer Potion: Original color, OLD sample size!
5) Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof Volume Express Mascara: Very Black
6) Giorgio Armani Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in color 2 (Deep Brown)
7) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Color: Medium Ash
8) Le Metier de Beaute Dualistic Eye Pencil, Color: Champagne
9) K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h waterproof 1 day tattoo (Japanese liquid pen liner that is fantastic! I got mine from Amazon)
10) Yves Saint Laurent Eye Pencil Waterproof #1 (black)
11) Trish McEvoy Brightener: Shell
12) Kat von D Tattoo Liner, Maya (Deep Brown)
13) Shiseido The Makeup Corrector Pencil, #1 Light (used on inner rims of lower lids for brightening effect)
14) Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara Jet Black
15) MUFE Aqua Brow #25
16) MUFE Aqua Brow #30
17) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

You can probably tell from this list that I love my eyeliners!  I only have a few eyeshadows (LMDB Corinthian and Armani ETK #28).  For work, I only need these basic, yet shimmery neutrals with a defined eye (hence the eyeliners!) and I am good to go.  Along with my Urban Decay primer potion and waterproof mascara, my eyes can easily last all day.

And the lips I kept pretty simple because I am so happy with my recent Le Metier de Beaute lippies!!:



From left to right:

1) Trish McEvoy Lip Liner, Barely There #12
2) Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme, Color: Papaye Creme
3) Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick, Color: Bali
4)
Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss, Color: Uma Paro
5) Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick, Color: Summerland


I couldn't be happier with these lip colors.  With these four items, I feel like I can achieve the whole spectrum of lip looks, from barely there nude, to dark and vampy.  I guess I can't do a true red lip.  However, I rarely do anything too pronounced for work anyway. 

And last, but not least.... my brushes/misc tools!



From left to right:

1) Trish McEvoy 62 Fan Brush
2) Kevin Aucoin Concealer Brush (holy grail status for pin point blemish concealing)
3) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer Brush
4) Bare Escentuals Max Coverage Concealer Brush
5) Bare Escentuals small wet/dry eyeshadow brush
6) Trish McEvoy #45 Sheer Application eyeshadow brush
7) Urban Decay Optical Blurring Foundation Brush
8) Laura Mercier Camouflage Powder brush
9) MAC 188 Small Duofiber Face brush
10) Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Brush
11) Kevin Aucoin Contour Brush
12) Shiseido Foundation Brush
13) eyebrow spoolie
14) Trish McEvoy 29 Tapered Blending Brush
15) Trish McEvoy 48 Blending Brush (used for blush)
16) plastic petri dish half (used for mixing aqua brow)
17) Beauty Blender sponge (that needs cleaning!! how embarassing!)

And there you have it.  I can't believe how many items I fit into this single case!  In total, there are 48 makeup items that I travel with!  So much for being minimal!!!

Thanks so much for reading this post.  I am gearing up for some swatches posts.  Still trying to get the camera situation taken care of...

Have a great day!

~MBA (Makeup and Beauty Apprentice)

No comments:

Post a Comment