Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Foundation Swatches, Including new Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation!

Hello again!  I am making up for lost time and posting twice in one day. 

Here is my very first swatch post!  While this may not be exciting to most people, I have never officially swatched any of my products and I am already learning so much about them.  It is very helpful to see the color and texture of the foundations sitting next to each other.  Very eye-opening!

Foundation bottles:


These are my NYC foundation swatches.  I have more than this, but these are just the products I have on hand at the moment.  I will definitely share more when I am next in LA.

For reference, I am of asian/caucasian descent and have yellow/golden undertones.  I have been matched to MAC NC35 in the past.  For those who have used the Sephora Pantone Color IQ system, my match from about 6 weeks ago was 2Y08.  I tan very easily (despite religiously wearing sunscreen!) and always get at least one shade darker in the summer.  Therefore, I frequently purchase two shades of the same foundation and mix them depending on the season. 

The foundations are swatched on the inside of my forearm in cloudy, indirect sunlight.  The skin here is definitely lighter than my face.  I am guessing that it is about an NC25?  Also, the skin is lighter towards my wrist (right side of photo). 

And here are the swatches!:


From Left to Right:
1) Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation, Color: O40
2) Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation, Color: 4
3) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Color: B50
4) Kevyn Aucoin The Solid Foundation, Color: Christy 04
5) Tom Ford Traceless Foundation, Color: 06 Sable
6) Cle de Peau, Refining Fluid Foundation, Color: O30
7) Giorgio Armani Face Fabric, Color: #7
8) Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup SPF 15, Color: 7
9) Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup SPF 15, Color: 6.5

Thoughts:
I never realized how golden yellow the Tom Ford Traceless Foundation is compared to my others.  It is almost a little too yellow for my liking at the moment.  With my summer tan still around, I am probably best matched to the Chanel and Giorgio Armani Maestro #7.  The Maestro foundations blend so well that I can easily use 6.5 as well.  After seeing these swatches, I am convinced that the Shiseido in O40 is too light for me right now.  Unfortunately, O60 was very yellow, so I didn't really like that one.  Even though I have yellow undertones, I like to counteract my undertones with peachy based foundations.

For further reference, here is a link to my past post about my foundation swatches.

Thanks for reading and I hope this can be helpful

~MBA (Makeup & Beauty Apprentice)

No comments:

Post a Comment