Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Foundation and Concealer Matches: Part I

Good Morning (California time)!

As I mentioned in my last post, I am always happy when I find bloggers with skin colors similar to mine because it is so helpful when determining my color matches.  Of course I appreciate all skin colors though!  Below is a list of my current foundation and concealer matches.  My skin is oily/combination and gets much darker during summer, so I have to change foundation colors throughout the year.  Not all of these are perfect matches, but they are definitely within range.  I should note that this bunch does not constitute my whole collection. I have makeup in New York, and then I also have some makeup in storage (long story!). So, this will be the first of a few posts to capture all of my matches.  In fact, I am a bit of a microsoft excel freak so I may make a table that has all of the info.

I'm also going to include the matches I received from Sephora when I did the Color IQ Pantone matching a few weeks ago in the Times Square Sephora (I travel frequently between NYC and LA so couldn't wait to try the Color IQ service). 

Please excuse the icky fingerprints!

Foundation matches (left to right):
1) Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: 123 (Sephora Color IQ match)
2) Dior Airflash Spray Foundation: 301 Sand
3) Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30: St. Moritz Medium1
4) Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: Shade 6.0
5) Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua: B50 (Beige 50)
6) Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation: 023 (I also match well to 123)
7) Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick: 06 Sable

Powder matches (left to right):
1) Cle de Peau Beaute Powder Foundation SPF21: O30
2) Tom Ford Translucent Finishing Powder: 02 Ivory Fawn
3) Koh Gen Do Triple Lighting Foundation SPF 22: OC-2

Concealer matches (starting with Senna compact below red Koh Gen Do compact, then left to right):
1) Senna HD Hydra Cover Hydrating Concealer Palette: Shade 2
2) Cle de Peau Concealer: Three colors! Beige, Ochre, Honey (This is so embarassing but I splurged on all three so I can create custom colors!)
3) Vichy Dermablend Skin Concealer: 30 Medium and 20 Nude (again, I love customizing concealer colors so I have two of them!)
4) Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream: 02
5) Vichy Dermablend Ultra Corrective Foundation Cream Stick: Nude
6) Hourglass Stick Concealer: This is so old that the color name wore off from the tube.  I also just checked the Sephora website and they no longer have this version! It is probably similar to Sand or Tan
7) Clinique Airbrush Concealer: 02 Medium
8) Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector: 02
9) Clarins Stick Concealer: 03
NOTE* Here are a few more concealers that I have but are not in the picture:
- Koh Gen Do Concealer Palette
- Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge: SC-5
- Laura Mercier Undercover Pot: UC-4
- Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer

Sephora Pantone Color IQ Matches (29 total):

Color IQ Skin Color: 2Y08  (this means that I am 2 "steps" on the yellow side of the spectrum and am on the 8th "level" of darkness.  That's how I interpret it at least!).  I haven't tried all of these so I can't attest to how well they actually match.  Overall I feel that the Color IQ matching was pretty accurate.  Since my skin will get lighter with the fall/winter, I will definitely go back to get re-matched.

1) MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation: 123
2) Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation: Light/Medium
3) Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: CASHEW BEIGE
4) Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: HAZELNUT BEIGE
5) SEPHORA COLLECTION Matifying Compact Foundation: D33-33 Walnut/Med
6) Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free: Beige
7) Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
8) Givenchy Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20 PA+++: 106 Perfect Pecan
9) Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15: 031 Sand
10) Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15: LIGHT L3
11) Cover FX Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation SPF 30: E50
12) Benefit Cosmetics 'Hello Flawless!' Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation: Warm Me Up/Toasted Beige
13) Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick: Natural Tan 4.25
14) Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick: Warm Natural 4.5
15) Urban Decay Surreal Skin Cream-to-Powder Foundation: SUPERNOVA
16) Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation: TAWNY BEIGE
17) Laura Mercier Oil Free Suprême Foundation: GOLDEN BEIGE
18) Cover FX Natural FX Water Based Foundation SPF 15: M 70
19) NARS Sheer Matte Foundation: MEDIUM4 BARCELONA
20) Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation SPF 17: O60 NAT DEEP OCHRE
21) Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup: Vision
22) Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage Foundation: WARM HONEY
23) Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25: Natural 4
24) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: Bisque
25) Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm: Light to Medium Tint
26) LORAC ProtecTINT™ SPF 30 - Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer: TAHITIAN TAN
27) Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free SPF 20: shade 02
28) Cover FX Skin Tint FX Moisturizing Treatment & Tint SPF 30: E LIGHT
29) Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: BODYGUARD


Thanks for reading!

~MBA (Makeup and Beauty Apprentice)



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just got the same IQ number. Do you know how this converts to MAC? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete